You will work as part of a closely-knit team to help us deliver projects with a high-quality bar, this could be supporting the technical roadmap for a complex, bespoke application or a quick turnaround project. As a Tangent QA team member life is never going to be dull.
You will be responsible for planning, scripting, executing, and reporting on quality assurance tests. You will also be responsible for regression testing, supporting the UAT process and from time to time offering a helping hand where needed. You'll help recruit talent, coach, and mentor junior members of the QA team.
About the individual
You will be an evangelist for quality assurance internally and with clients, keeping up to date with QA best practice and innovation. You will have a natural curiosity, explorative nature, pragmatic approach, and an urge to ‘break-things’. These qualities will lead you to resolve issues and, combined with strong technical knowledge and logic, help define the root cause.
We are looking for someone who has a mixture of manual and automated test experience and is happy to-do both within the role. You will need to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to work well within a team.
Required skills & experience
- Proficient in English, written and verbal.
- 4 years ‘hands on’ QA industry experience.
- Experience testing complex, enterprise level CMS builds, bespoke web applications, APIs and Native apps as well as more simple quick turn-around projects.
- High level understanding of systems architecture in order to triage and diagnose issues.
- Ability to read and understand errors messages, stack traces and logs.
- An understanding of BDD, and how to use it as a framework.
- Willingness to explore and understand complex systems, find bugs and not necessarily follow a script/plan.
- Test case management tools such as XRay.
- Ability to write test scripts and create test data.
- Demonstrable knowledge of automated testing using existing services, libraries and frameworks.
- Ability to test APIs using tools like Postman.
- Experience of working in a fast, agile environment.
- Exposure to agile and waterfall delivery methods.
- Experience working within JIRA and Confluence.
- A desire to be part of the Tangent family and grow with us.
- Basic level of programming (any language).
- A strong understanding of Selenium or other automation frameworks.
- Understanding of editor environments for CMSs such as Contentful, ContentStack and Umbraco.
- Experience in mobile app testing.
- Knowledge of automated reporting and dashboards.
- Experience working within an agency environment.
- Recruitment and line management experience.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.This can include hybrid working from home and the office.
Social life. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues including monthly socials, free lunches and much more.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes enhanced leave for years of service and days off for voluntary work.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.