This role will be reporting into our Infrastructure and Operations Manager. You will support technical architects and developers with one of our largest, globally distributed, enterprise clients.
Here at Tangent, we pride ourselves on being cloud-first, if not cloud native, hence you will get your hands on progressive technologies.
About the individual
We are looking for someone who has demonstrable knowledge in:
- Cloud infrastructure; experience with AWS and Azure services
- Containerized applications and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Distributed systems & microservice architecture
- Application & infrastructure security, including access control, threat prevention and detection, auditing, and reporting
- CI/CD (Including Azure DevOps); usage & implementation of pipelines, version control and deployment
- Monitoring & Alerting, implementation, and on-going management
- IaC / Terraform
- Networking, including at applications, containerization and virtual networks level as well as potential peering to third party networks
- Working within an agile and waterfall development team
- Object-oriented design and design patterns
A successful individual should be
- A proactive, self-starter; being able to come into an existing project and hit the ground running
- An excellent communicator - able to communicate technical information succinctly and meaningfully to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Able to support architectural decisions and the creation of operational processes
- Able to work as part of a team, working closely with Project Managers, Front End Developers and Architects
- Able to estimate technical effort, licensing and hosting costs and clearly communicate them to non-technical users
- Able to plan; spotting technical risks, issues and dependencies and communicating the impact of these to the project team (with enough lead time to do something about them)
- Used to working in an agency environment, familiar with working to budgets, schedules, completing timesheets, participating in stand ups and providing progress
Technical skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with AWS & Azure
- Understanding of enterprise level, distributed systems and not only brochure ware sites
- Understanding of Cloud Architecture Patterns
Bonus points if you have
- Technical Degree
- Knowledge of scripting languages g. BASH or PowerShell
- Recognized certifications from cloud providers (nice to have, not essential)
- Understanding of ISO27001
- Experience working within a digital agency environment would be beneficial
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship, You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.This can include hybrid working from home and the office.
Social life. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues including monthly socials, free lunches and much more.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes enhanced leave for years of service and days off for voluntary work.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.