Tangent has a global client base across sectors, meaning you will get the opportunity to work on varied design problems. That can be everything from websites, apps to internal tools that drive our client's businesses.
Our core design team is based in the UK but working remotely. This has given us the opportunity to recruit further afield in other countries. Our initial target areas are the UK, Spain and South Africa. But we are open to speaking with Lead Product designers based in time zones within 2 hours of the UK.
You are welcome to work 100% remote or hybrid from our London Kings Cross or Valencia offices. For applicants from overseas, we will fly you over at least once a year to attend our London social events and help build in-person relationships with the team. We’re happy for you to work in a way that suits you best.
We need you to
- Lead a Pod of designers to deliver digital products that meet user's needs and grow our client’s businesses
- Line manage and develop the careers of other designers within your Pod
- Continually lead the creation, testing, and iteration of prototypes to deliver innovative design solutions
- Creatively apply our client's brands to create innovative UI designs that differentiate be remain 100% usable
- Be able to plan and deliver workshops that engage and excite clients
- Be an expert in creating design systems that document design decisions
- Be a comfortable presenter able to engage clients and other Tangent team members
- Work closely with Project Managers to plan sprints and our upcoming design activities/approach
- Manage client expectations by making good decisions that not only please clients but protect our project commercials and team morale
- Provide actionable feedback to other designers during review sessions to help with their development and growth
We want to see
- Highly experienced in digital transformation involving complex digital products
- Highly skilled in product design (UX & UI)
- Proven track record leading designers to ship innovative web and mobile digital products
- Demonstration of delivering previous design systems
- Experienced leading agile design methodologies and working in a multi-disciplinary team
- A desire and determination to continually improve our own internal design processes
- A portfolio demonstrating recognisable, complex work for large enterprise brands
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship, You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.This can include hybrid working from home and the office.
Social life. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues including monthly socials, free lunches and much more.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes enhanced leave for years of service and days off for voluntary work.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.