Tangent has a global client base across sectors, meaning you will get the opportunity to work on various digital projects. That can be everything from websites, apps to internal tools that drive our client's businesses.
Our core design team is based in the UK but working remotely. This has given us the opportunity to recruit further afield in other countries. Our initial target areas are the UK, Spain or South Africa. But we are open to speaking with Mid/Senior Product Designers based in time zones with 2 hours of the UK.
You are welcome to work 100% remotely or hybrid from our London Kings Cross office. For applicants from overseas, we will fly you over at least once a year to attend our London social events and help build in-person relationships with the team. We’re happy for you to work in a way that suits you best.
We need you to
- Play an active role in delivering the design of complex digital products working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Understand and apply user-centered design processes to create digital products
- Be able to assist in quantitative and qualitative research activities to help define product strategies
- Be able to create clickable interactive prototypes using Figma that can be used to evaluate design assumptions and decisions
- Assist in usability testing and interpreting findings into actionable results
- Creatively applying different client brand styles into impactful UI designs
- Have attention to detail throughout all of your work
- Be able to maintain design systems consistently applying grids, vertical spacing, type rules etc.
- Be confident presenting your ideas to clients and other Tangent team members
- Have an innovative mindset that continually seeks better ways to design products aligned with solving users problems
We want to see
- Skilled in UX and UI design, experience working on web and mobile interfaces
- Understanding agile methodologies and working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Be confident working within Figma, Photoshop & Illustrator
- A portfolio demonstrating your commercial (or project) work to date in UX, UI, or graphic design
- Demonstrate your understanding (and experiences to date) of practicing user-centered design
- The confidence to fail and learn from mistakes and a desire to seek feedback to continually improve
What you will be working on
You will get the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and clients. Here’s a taster as to the types of things you will be working on:
Framing the problem - Before we can design the solution we need to understand the problem. You will have the opportunity to support our senior team during customer interviews and stakeholder workshops to uncover and capture users’ needs
Prototyping & testing - From paper to high-fidelity clickable wireframes, prototyping is how we explore potential solutions. We need you to be a wealth of ideas, proving multiple design solutions we can test and validate
UI design – We need you to consistently, yet creatively, apply design styles across modules/components and start to learn how to document your decisions in design systems
Digital branding - You will support our team deliver branding concepts and creative applications that elevate our client's digital products above the competition.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.This can include hybrid working from home and the office.
Social life. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues including monthly socials, free lunches and much more.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes enhanced leave for years of service and days off for voluntary work.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.